Spelling Success Weekly Homework Activities is a 40 week program that presents 10 new spelling words each week and a review week every 5th week to further practice the previously presented words. Each week teachers will send home 1 page double sided for homework. How easy is that? Parents can encourage their kids to complete one or two practice activities each day so that over the course of the week they will have a strong grasp of their spelling words.
Each week 10 new spelling words are given (with a review week every 5th week) that focus on a specific phonetic skill necessary for learning to read and to spell. Included are:
- consonant blends (cl, fl, br, sn, th, sh, ch, etc..)
- vowels (short a, e, i, o, u, long a, e, i, o, u)
- word families (at, ig, in, ot, ell, ill, etc..)
- vowel diagraphs (ai, ow, oo, ew, etc.)
- frequently used sight words.
Each double sided page includes a variety of activities including:
Spelling worksheets which are "pencil and paper" tasks, such as tracing words, printing, filling in bubbles, matching, sorting, completing word searches, filling in blanks, etc..
- tasks that need to be done with a parent. These activities are more hands on learning and incorporate many different fun ways to practice their spelling words. For example, students might be asked to clap out their words, jump on the letters as they spell, perform jumping jacks, sing the letters as the spell, etc.
|Throwing a rolled up sock at the letters to spell each word.|
- Making words tasks which include either cutting and pasting letters to make words or manipulating letters to make words.
Recently I have had questions whether these are first grade worksheets or kindergarten worksheets. In my opinion they could be either depending on your class and your students ability levels. The worksheets start off with CVC words and then move into 4 and 5 letter words but if your kindergarten class is capable of making 3 letter words than they would be fine starting with this program.
If you would like to preview more sample pages on TPT click here.
If you are ready to purchase click the buy it now button below.
Are you a teacher? Thinking about making your own products for sale? Click below to sign up to become a TeachersPayTeachers seller. It is free and so easy to do!